Braxfield Recruitment are a leading recruitment agency working within the social housing sector. We have been appointed by a housing provider based in Merton who are looking to recruit an experienced Voids & Disrepair Surveyor on an interim contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering high quality responsive repairs, voids and cyclical repairs service within the relevant area of operation.
You will ensure works are delivered effectively, minimising the disruption to residents and work is carried out safety and in accordance with all relevant legislations, including ensuring that planning and building standards permissions are obtained.
Other duties as a Voids & Disrepair Surveyor will include:
- Defining a clear scope of work and specification for works, including carrying out any pre-inspections required to establish and specify the full scope of work.
- Carrying out pre and post inspections of repairs, voids and cyclical works, ensuring they are completed to standard, within agreed SLA’s and work delivered is value for money.
- Proactively identifying and preventing repairs and maintenance to maintain assets, ensuring that the customer’s home is always respected.
- Monitoring contractors performance and chasing outstanding or incomplete works and resolving customer complaints and enquiries.
- Liaising with planned team regarding planned and cyclical maintenance.
- Reviewing invoices and request for payments from contractors, challenging and resolving submissions where required.
- Maintaining records and updating asset information and produce performance and management information to support the delivery of the service and to analyse trends.
- Ensuring the value for money delivery of in responsive repairs service.
To be considered for the position of Voids & Disrepair Surveyor you must have the following:
- Strong surveying background working for a housing associations, local authority or contractor.
- Experience of dealing with legal disrepair
- Good diagnostic skills for repairs and maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
- Knowledge of building construction, building standards, planning regulations, regulatory standards, and leasehold
Job title: Voids & Disrepair Surveyor
Hourly rate: £24 - £27 p/h LTD (outside IR35)
If this sounds like something you may be interested in and for more information, please submit a copy of your up to date CV and one of our consultants will be in touch.