Braxfield Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency working within the social housing sector. We have been appointed by a G15 housing provider based in the South East who are looking to recruit an experienced Tenancy Specialist on an interim contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing high level expertise on tenancy fraud, ASB and legal action for tenancy enforcement.
You will be responsible for case management and will work closely with field base neighbourhood offices to ensure the effective investigation of cases and that the most appropriate, cost effective and proportionate action is taken.
Other duties as a Tenancy Specialist will include:
- Managing all tenancy fraud, sub-letting and RTB fraud cases across the region, including conducting investigations or tasking colleagues to investigate locally.
- Effective case management of anti-social behaviour cases, directing and supporting colleagues with investigations and enforcement action.
- Deciding on the most appropriate action against those who commit tenancy fraud or perpetrate anti-social behaviour and the most appropriate support for victims
- Preparing legal files and managing legal action cases for tenancy enforcement and fraud. Working with solicitors, process servers and bailiffs.
- Representing the housing provider at court for tenancy fraud, ASB and other (non arrears) tenancy related legal cases such as legal disrepair as required.
- Managing complex tenancy management cases referred from Customer Support e.g. complex successions, complex end of tenancy reviews etc
- Liaising with and assisting the Police and other partners to acquire evidence that can be used to identify fraud and/or criminal proceedings. This may include interviews at the Police station and /or on surveillance operations to ensure a co-ordinated response.
- Liaising with internal and external agencies such as Women’s Aid, NFI, local authorities, mediation, solicitors or support services.
To be considered for the position of Tenancy Specialist you must have the following:
- An excellent understanding of anti-social behaviour and/or tenancy fraud.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant legislation in respect to tenancy management, fraud, ASB and legal disrepair.
- Knowledge and understanding of Data Protection and how it applies in investigation work.
- Experience of investigative interviewing, ideally for fraud and/or ASB.
- Experience of preparing and presenting cases at court.
- Experience of successful case management with positive outcomes.
- A Counter Fraud Specialist qualification or working towards on is desirable.
- Excellent communicator, able to adapt approach to the audience
- BTEC in Community Safety and/or Counter Fraud Specialist qualification (desirable)
Job title: Tenancy Specialist
Location: Working from home
Rate: £16.97 PAYE / £21.31 LTD (outside IR35)
Contract: 3 months +
If this sounds like something you may be interested in and for more information, please submit a copy of your up to date CV and one of our consultants will be in touch.
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert.