Braxfield Recruitment are a leading recruitment agency working within the social housing sector. We have been appointed by a housing provider based in North West London who is looking to recruit an experienced Policy Writer on a 12 months FTC.
Our client has an exciting opportunity within the Business Development Team for a Policy and Practice Manager. They are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated self-starter, with a strong understanding of the care and support sector.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and managing policy documents across the whole of the Care and Support business.
Other duties as a Policy Writer will included:
- Researching and drafting policies and procedure documents for the CS division.
- Developing and maintaining a system for reviewing and updating policies and procedures at predetermined regular intervals and archiving when appropriate.
- Working closely with the CQC Quality Team and the Governance Team to ensure regulatory compliance of policies and procedures
- Ensuring staff are kept informed of new and updated policies through clear and concise policy briefings.
- Liaising with Heads of Service and operational managers to ensure policies and procedures meet the needs of the business.
- Standardising policy format and style to reflect the clients ethos and values.
- Working closely with the Business Support Officer and external training providers to ensure that CS policy content is reflected in the content of training sessions delivered to frontline staff.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with service managers and frontline staff through effective communication skills.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory and legislative changes relating to the care and support service customer groups and ensuring policies are compliant with any changes or updates.
To be considered for the position of Policy Writer you must have the following:
- Good attention to detail and strong written skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholder, senior managers and frontline teams.
- Honours degree, preferably a 2.1; or minimum of 2 good ‘A’ Levels with relevant work experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience of policy writing and development, ideally gained in the housing or social care sectors.
- Fluency in English, with excellent verbal and written skills and ability to write clear and concise copy.
- Good IT skills with the ability to use MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Effective time management, planning and organisational skills with the ability to readily adapt within a fast paced and often challenging environment.
- Working knowledge of the health and social care sector.
- Good communication skills with the ability to work effectively with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- An understanding of the national policy context for care and support services.
- An understanding of the legislative and regulatory framework for care and support services.
Job title: Technical Policy Writer
Location: North West London (currently working from home)
Salary: £32,000 - £34,000
Contract: 12 months FTC
If this sounds like something you may be interested in and for more information, please submit a copy of your up to date CV and one of our consultants will be in touch.
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert.