Service Charge Analyst
We are working with a leading London based Housing Association, they currently have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join their customers operation team as a Service Charge Analyst. The successful candidate will be responsible for the calculation, construction and issue of service charges across our clients’ properties.
Salary: £36,000 - £37,000 per annum
Hours: 35 per week
Location: Hybrid working, 3 days in our Camden office and 2 days at home
Responsibilities as a Service Charge Analyst:
- Responsible for the accurate calculation, construction and issue of all service charges, including both annual revenue charges and major works charges for all properties
- Proactively ensure that the databases and mapping used for the calculation of rents and service charges is up to date, accurate and contains all the relevant information.
- Maximising income to the service and organisation by maximising levels of cost capture when calculating service charges
- Ensuring the accuracy of charges and assisting in the resolution of disputes and queries, including First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) work and attendance
- Responsible for the reconciliation of invoices and for actualising end of year accounts both Financial and calendar year
- Provide an excellent customer focused professional service to residents and clients ensuring all legal landlord/freeholder obligations are met, ensuring all relevant fees, charges, notices and rents are issued in a timely manner and addressing any queries in relation to these as required.
- Responsible for dealing with customers directly, responding to customer enquiries via phone and email and attending residents meetings regarding rents and service charges
The successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional Excel skills and experience gathering, adding, manipulating and analysing numeric data
- Exceptional communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to see the residents point of view and deliver complex messages to residents in a way that is both accurate and accessible.
- Ability to build effective links with relevant stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Experience in dealing with service charges (Desirable)
- Knowledge of property management and experience of calculating and issuing charges (Desirable)
- Knowledge of leases, tenancies, legislation and case law in relation to service charges and rents (Desirable)
If you think you could be the right person for the job or for more information, please submit your up to date CV and one of our consultants will be in touch.