Braxfield Recruitment have been appointed by a social housing provider based in North London that are looking to recruit an experienced Property Surveyor on a permanent contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of the property maintenance service including maintenance, voids, disrepair, structure & latent defects and damp & mould issues.
Other duties as the Property Surveyor will include:
- Undertaking inspections of properties to ascertain their condition and works required, including the preparation of schedules of work using the NHF Schedule of rates, the identification of rechargeable repairs and carrying out risk assessments.
- Preparing competent & thorough surveys and reports on all matters.
- Preparing accurate technical advice and liaising with contractors and consultants to ensure the very best service.
- Carrying out pre and post inspections of works.
- Providing professional and technical advice and reports on all matters within the functionality of the service.
- Carrying out inspections to estates and blocks and specifying and raising repairs on occupied and void properties.
- Liaising with residents at their properties and assisting with any queries they may have.
To be considered for the position of Property Surveyor you must have the following:
- Previous experience as a Repairs Surveyor or Maintenance Surveyor working for a housing association, local authority or contractor.
- Experience of working with contractors using SOR and non-SOR contracts.
- Ability to produce detailed specifications of work.
- Excellent knowledge of building construction, building standards and regulatory standards.
In return our client offers an excellent salary and a benefits package.
If this sounds like something you may be interested in and for more information, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV and one of our consultants will be in touch.