Braxfield Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency working within the social housing sector. We have been appointed by a housing provider based in Kent who are looking to recruit an experienced Project Surveyor to manage their planned maintenance programme.
The successful candidate will ensure contracts and works are delivered in a timely and cost effective manner to agreed quality standards, value for money, statutory and regulatory legislation, health & safety compliance, ensuring high levels of customer and client satisfaction.
You will be responsible for managing and supervising to successfully deliver projects on time and within budget and undertaking a range of property surveys, prepare specifications and schedule of works for tender.
Other duties as a Project Surveyor will include:
- Ensuring all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with the organisation’s standards and legislative requirements.
- Undertaking day to day contract management of planned maintenance projects including taking corrective action where necessary and report regularly on the progress of individual schemes.
- Preparing programmes, budgets, risk assessments and cash flow forecasts for individual projects and managing implementation to the highest possible quality and safety standards.
- Maintaining communication and consultation to the highest possible standards of customer care with residents and resident groups throughout the project from initial initiation throughout implementation to final review.
- Managing complaints through the complaints process, receiving, taking ownership and providing written responses as required.
- Identifying ways of delivering the service in a more efficient and effective way.
- Advising residents on building maintenance issues in their own home and at resident forums.
- Ensuring residents and leaseholders are informed and consulted in advance of planned and current works.
- Providing advice to other staff, both technical and non-technical, on construction and building related matters. This is to include desktop reviews of drawings and specifications for new developments to advise Property Soft Landings team members of issues to be resolved.
- Monitoring and keeping accurate records of progress on site, including a record of any variations, snagging and health and safety records. Accurately update Orchard and APEX on the progress of all jobs. Accurately recording and acknowledging all customer contacts, complaint details, actions and learning points on CRM.
To be considered for the position of Project Surveyor you must have the following:
- Membership of RICS, CIOB or equivalent level experience.
- Previous building surveying or construction experience delivering a customer focused service.
- HNC in building studies or equivalent level experience.
- Experience of contract management.
- Experience of undertaking property surveys and specifying and tendering work.
Job title: Project Surveyor
Contract: 3 months+ (possible temp – perm)
Rate: £25 - £33 p/h (outside IR35)
If this sounds like something you may be interested in and for more information, please submit a copy of your up to date CV and one of our consultants will be in touch.
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert.