Project Surveyor (Planned Maintenance)
Braxfield recruitment are a leading recruitment agency working within the social housing sector have been appointed by one of our clients, a G15 Housing association to help them find a skilled and experienced Project / Planned Surveyor to work with the Senior Project Manager in the delivery of a planned maintenance programme of works.
This will mainly be overseeing refurbishment works through planning and delivery stages. Works to include structural, M&E (gas, electrical, lift renewal), component renewals (windows, kitchens, bathrooms) and fire protection works.
The successful project / planned surveyor will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Embrace corporate objectives and promote collaborative working across departments and with contractors to achieve mutual objectives
- Personal responsibility for delivery and administering designated project work professionally and to a high standard
- Deliver all works within current relevant legislative requirements and ensure services are delivered in accordance with best practice
- Work with your Senior Project Manager to carry out all pre-implementation activity for your Project Area and ensure that they are planned effectively in advance to maximise efficiencies.
- Plan, schedule & monitor personal workload and projects to meet deadlines and other requirements (financial, legislative etc.)
- Prepare work schedules, specifications and drawings as required
- Carry out quality control checks, snagging and defect inspections
- Carry out all necessary inspections and checks to ensure work is completed in accordance with the specification, legal and regulatory requirements
- Closely oversee performance of contractors and carry out any actions / improvements to performance as required
- Work with your Senior Project Manager to carry out full consultation with customers on programme works, including fulfilment of all Section 20 requirements and ensure that all views are considered where appropriate
- Ensure all appropriate business rules for Clarion are followed in the management of ordering works and paying contractors.
- You will also be required to complete other tasks as required.
The successful project / planned surveyor will meet the following educational and qualification requirements:
- Experience of working within in a Planned Delivery Team in a national Housing Association.
- High level of I.T skills using Microsoft Office
- Experience of delivering large programmes of planned works in dispersed locations to high levels of customer satisfaction.
- A demonstrable knowledge of building construction, building standards, planning regulations and regulatory standards
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Commitment and skill in collaboration
- Educated to HNC or equivalent level
Job title: Project / Planned Surveyor
Rate: £22.33 PAYE / £27.80 LTD Per Hour (outside IR35)
Contract: 3 months +
If this sounds like something you may be interested in and for more information, please submit a copy of your up to date CV and one of our consultants will be in touch.
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert.