Braxfield Recruitment are supporting a Social Housing provider who have a vacancy for a Passive Fire Project Manager to join the planned works team. The housing provider have properties across London and the South East.
The successful candidate can base themselves largely at home for the foreseeable future with the longer term plan to gradually return to an office for part of the week. This can either be in central London, Kent or Surrey dependant on location. It is imperative though that all candidates have access to a vehicle to visit properties that are not within easy reach of transport links. A mileage allowance will be paid at 45 pence per mile when using a personal vehicle.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Deliver the planned passive fire improvement works arising from the Fire Risk Assessments to all homes ensuring compliance with statutory duties, regulation and policy.
- Work collaboratively with the Home Ownership team to ensure compliance with Section 20 consultation procedures.
- Work collaboratively with the Building Services, Health and Safety and Housing teams in relation to relevant services.
- Inspect residential properties to scope fire improvement works and prepare specifications in accordance with the block fire risk assessment, Fire Safety Standards and framework contracts.
- Continually monitor and inspect fire improvement works throughout the duration of the works ensuring they are completed in accordance with the specification, to a good standard and specified materials with the relevant certification used at all times.
- Carryout monthly completed work valuations and authorise these or escalate accordingly.
- Carryout handover inspections on completed works maintaining good records of all inspections.
The successful Passive Fire Project Manager will be offered the following:
- 26 days annual leave entitlement on joining, plus bank holidays, (pro-rated for part time roles)
- Opportunities to develop their career through training, including gaining professional qualifications, career coaching, mentoring etc.
- Generous pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Perkbox - High street discounts
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
We would be very interested to hear from you if you have building surveying AND / OR project management experience within social housing and have managed passive fire related works in the past. Please send your CV if you do and we will get in touch to discuss the Passive Fire Project Manager role in more detail.