An exciting new position for an experienced Neighbourhood Officer based in South London. This is a permanent position paying up to £36,000 per annum and benefits include a defined contribution Pensions Scheme (employer match up to 10%), 5 x annual salary life assurance cover, competitive annual leave entitlement, staff discount scheme and so much more!
The successful candidate will provide a high-quality customer focused estate-based housing and tenancy management services for tenants by managing a defined patch of properties and providing day-to-day tenancy management services.
You will ensure that management of void properties is carried in line with allocation policy and voids procedures, to minimise void rent loss and other costs and manage the allocations process including nominations, mutual exchanges and transfers ensuring the voids and lettings systems are maintained on Northgate.
Other duties will include undertaking regular tenancy audits to ensure the appropriate use of dwellings and taking action to deal with breaches of conditions of tenancy and recover dwellings from unauthorised occupants, providing high quality service and support to those experiencing anti-social behaviour and hate crime including domestic violence issues, investigating all ASB cases ensuring action plans and evidence are in place in the event court action is pursued and maintaining regular contact with agencies and partners to create safer and stronger communities.
What you’ll need
- Previous experience working as a Neighbourhood/Housing Officer.
- Current DBS dates within the last 12 months.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written).
- Previous experience working for a social housing provider.
- Excellent customer focus and a genuine desire to achieve excellence in all areas of responsibility.
- Excellent administrative skills to manage a diverse workload and ensure effective management of the patch.
- Ability to meet deadlines and plan and deliver a range of different activities.
- A practical knowledge of housing management systems.
Job title: Neighbourhood Services Officer
Salary: up to £36,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus benefits
Location: South London (1 day working from home)
- Defined contribution Pensions Scheme (employer match up to 10%)
- 5 x annual salary life assurance cover
- Competitive annual leave entitlement
- Interest-free loans (including season ticket loan, Cycle-to-Work scheme, rent deposit loan)
- Employee assistance programme
- Excellent learning & development opportunities
- Staff discount scheme
- A modern office and facilities