Braxfield Recruitment are a leading recruitment agency working within the social housing sector. We have been appointed by a housing provider based South London who are looking to recruit experienced Maintenance Surveyors for a permanent and FTC.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of the property maintenance service including maintenance, voids, disrepairs, structure & latent defects and estates repairs.
Other duties as a Maintenance Surveyor will include:
- Undertaking inspections of properties to ascertain their condition and works required, including the preparation of schedules of work using the NHF Schedule of rates, the identification of rechargeable repairs and carrying out risk assessments.
- Preparing competent & thorough surveys and reports on all matters.
- Preparing accurate technical advice and liaising with an in-house service provider, contractors and consultants to ensure the very best service.
- Carrying out pre and post inspections of works.
- Providing professional and technical advice and reports on all matters within the functionality of the service, including undertaking the role of professional or expert witness at hearings, adjudications and legal proceedings etc.
- Carrying out inspection to estates and blocks and specifying and raising repairs on occupied and void properties.
- Liaising with residents at their properties and assisting with any queries they may have.
To be considered for the position of Maintenance Surveyor you must have the following:
- Previous experience as a Repairs Surveyor or Maintenance Surveyor working for a housing association, local authority or contractor.
- Experience of working with contractors using SOR and non-SOR contracts.
- Ability to produce detailed specifications of work.
- HNC/HND qualified or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- Excellent knowledge of building construction, building standards, planning regulations, regulatory standards, health & safety and other legislation relevant to asset management.
Job title: x2 Maintenance Surveyor (x1 perm & x1 FTC)
Location: South London
In return our client offers an excellent salary and a benefits package that includes:
Attendance recognition – Additional days of annual leave year on year and more for having no sickness days.
- Buy & Sell – Up to five days annual leave per year.
- 27 days annual leave going up to 32 days after 5 years of service.
- Perkbox and shop discounts!
- Up to 8% matched pension contribution
- Season ticket loans, Cycle to work loan and a rental deposit loan scheme
- Additional awards and bonuses for long service, merit, recruitment referrals and land finding.
- Excellent development and training opportunities.
If this sounds like something you may be interested in and for more information, please submit a copy of your up to date CV and one of our consultants will be in touch.