3-6 Month contract to oversee asset management, capital works, M&E, compliance and building safety for a north London council. Strategic position looking after property services across all domestic properties.
The ideal candidate will have experience of managing across property services including asset management, capital works, M&E, compliance and building safety and be up to date with current legislation around building safety to include fire management.
In short the requirements will include:
1. Lead on the development and delivery of the Councils housing asset management strategy, ensuring that the stock is regularly reviewed to ensure synergy with housing needs and that financial resources are prioritised to ensure that residents homes are safe, secure and sustainable.
2. Lead on the delivery of the Councils capital stock investment and building safety programmes, (Circa £85-55m pa). Ensuring that robust governance is in place to ensure that works are procured, designed and delivered to the quality expected by our residents; the Council, as Client and the Social Housing Regulator.
3. Lead on the development of Building Safety and Fire Safety Strategies, ensuring that residents are at the centre of the service; that adequate engagement opportunities are in place and that risks are robustly addressed.
4. Lead on the delivery of the Councils Landlord Compliance programmes; ensuring the Council has adequate testing, inspection and assurance programmes in place to meet its statutory and regulatory responsibilities.
5. Provide expert support and high-level assistance to other Council services in relation to building safety issues.
You will need to manage key relationships with organisations such as MHCLG, the LGA, London Councils, the GLA, the Health and Safety Executive, the Building Research Establishment and the London Fire Brigade.
If you are an interim director looking for your next assignment in property services then please upload your cv or contact us directly and we will be glad to talk further about the role.