An exciting new opportunity for an experienced Income Officer based in South London. This is a 3 – 6 months contract paying £17 - £21 p/h Umbrella with an immediate start. Hours are Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm.
The successful candidate will provide a comprehensive, high quality customer effective and focused income collection and debt recovery service.
You will be responsible for processing transactions and monitor data in respect of rent and other income recovery, maximising the collection of tenants, account arrears and other rechargeable income and ensuring that tenants are managed effectively within the policies, service plan and strategies of the organisation.
You will liaise with Neighbourhood Services and other departments within the organisation and manage and monitor specific aspects of debt and income maximisation strategies including the garage income.
What you’ll need
- Previous income management experience working for another housing association or local authority.
- Awareness of legislation (including Leasehold if appropriate) governing the recovery of rent arrears, housing benefit, welfare benefits, Data Protection Act relevant to rent recovery and debt counselling.
- Experience of corresponding with County Courts, solicitors and advice agencies and presenting possession cases in court and attending evictions as necessary.
- Knowledge and understanding of Welfare Reform including Bedroom Tax, Universal Credit and Benefit Cap and its impact on the residents.
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt this approach for different audiences.
Job title: Income Officer
Location: South London (1 day working from home)
Rate: £17 - £21 p/h umbrella (depending on experience)
Contract: 3 – 6 months