Braxfield Recruitment are a leading recruitment agency working within the social housing sector. We have been appointed by a housing provider in London who are looking to recruit and experienced Housing Supply Manager on an interim contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring effective procurement of accommodation to meet the housing provider’s needs under part VII of the Housing Act 1996 for temporary accommodation, prevention and discharge of the homeless duty, including the development of new initiatives and set up schemes and acting as the key link for the delivery of capital schemes commissioned for temporary accommodation
Other duties as a Housing Supply Manager will include:
- Ensuring the effective direct management of temporary accommodation and contract management of private sector and housing association temporary accommodation providers.
- Responsible for the provision of a comprehensive assessment process for applications to the housing register under part VI of the Housing Act 1996.
- Responsible for the provision of a lawful and efficient allocations process for permanent and temporary accommodation, including promoting alternative housing options and initiatives and housing mobility and managing the letting process for temporary units.
- Contributing to the effective management of the Housing Needs service as part of the Housing Need Management team.
- Managing the housing supply section and team.
- And much more!
To be considered for the position of Housing Supply Manager you must have the following:
- Good housing management practice.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the government’s welfare reform programme and its implications for the private rents sector and homelessness.
- Knowledge of housing allocations and the operation of part VI of the Housing Act 1996.
- Experience of procurement processes and how to undertake tenders for temporary accommodation and associated services.
- Knowledge of all homelessness legislations, housing legislations, welfare benefit expertise and adult and social care knowledge.
Job title: Housing Supply Manager
Contract: Until 31st Jan 2021
Location: London (currently working from home)
Rate: £36.11 PAYE - £44.99 LTD p/h (inside IR35)
If this sounds like something you may be interested in and for further details, please submit a copy of your up to date CV and one of our consultants will be in touch.