Braxfield Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency working within the social housing sector. We have been appointed by a housing provider based in Berkshire who are looking to recruit an experienced Housing Manager on an interim contract.
The successful candidate will lead and manage a team of 4 in the housing management team who are responsible for residential properties owned or leased by the local authority or the housing company. You will work together with the housing surveyor and other staff in the corporate Property Service, maintenance contractor, Housing Options Team and others.
You will ensure the effectiveness of all aspects of property management for temporary accommodation and shared supported properties including sign ups, void management, monitoring the condition of accommodation and any fittings/contents, overseeing communal cleaning, reporting defects, carrying out routine inspections and working with Property Services to organise repairs, redecoration, planned and cyclical maintenance.
Other duties as a Housing Manager will include:
- Ensuring health and safety compliance.
- Day to day housing management, dealing with Anti-Social Behaviour and some aspects of client support.
- Ensuring the service users are assisted to settle into their accommodation and assist them to integrate into the community in which they are rehoused.
- Responding to any neighbourhood issues.
- Administering and recording petty cash and purchase card payments.
- Liaising with relevant landlords (for leased property), Property Services and contractors to ensure void times are kept to a minimum.
- Ensuring the development of an annual service plan and provide regular feedback through 1 to 1s and the appraisal process.
- Acting as the lead for any emergency repairs.
- Supporting colleagues to achieve and realise their full potential through coaching and mentoring techniques ensuring a one team approach.
- And much more!
To be considered for the position of Housing Manager you must have the following:
- Experience in a supervisory/management position within the housing management sector of 2 years minimum working for a social or specialist housing provider (for a local authority, registered provider or voluntary sector housing provider).
- Ability to motivate and lead a team, to assess and manage team performance.
- Knowledge of issues that affect vulnerable people and available solutions.
- Experience and understanding of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislative requirements.
- Recent experience of overseeing budgets related to housing services.
Job title: Housing Manager
Contract: 3 - 6 months + (to go perm)
Rate: £23 PAYE - £28.66 LTD (inside IR35)
Location: Berkshire (4 days remote working 1 day in the office)
If this sounds like something you may be interested in and for more information, please submit a copy of your updated CV and one of our consultants will be in touch.