An exciting new opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety Adviser based in Birmingham. This is a permanent role paying £26,000 - £38,400 depending on experience. The company offers excellent benefits including flexible working hours, generous annual leave entitlement, free membership of a health plan with discounts on medical treatments and a range of other services including gym memberships, cinema tickets and restaurants, significant learning and development opportunities, opportunities for salary progression and so much more!
The successful candidate will provide advice and support to line managers across Maintenance
Operations in Birmingham, Coventry, Hereford and Worcester and assist them with compliance with the companies Health and Safety Policy, Key Procedures and the management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
You will monitor compliance with workplace related Health and Safety legislation, current good practice and safe systems of work in all areas of the business and provide reports to the Head of Maintenance Support and Maintenance Operations Directorate.
Acting as the health and safety competent person in the Principal Design team, you will ensure the planning, managing and monitoring of the pre-construction phase of relevant projects.
You will be responsible for carrying out quarterly audit inspections and reporting on Health and Safety issues for the Head of Maintenance Support and relevant management meetings as required.
What you’ll need
- Previous experience as a Health & Safety Adviser.
- Experience of working in the housing sector, for a housing association, council or housing contractor (essential).
- Full UK licence and access to a vehicle
- Strong communications skills (verbal & written).
- Experience of working with Unions.
- Working knowledge of risk assessment, inspections and auditing processes in relation to Health & Safety.
- Nebosh General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent
- Experience with construction & maintenance tasks (domestic properties) and/or experience of cleaning/groundworks activities.
Job title: Health & Safety Adviser – Housing Maintenance Operations
Location: Travel required across Birmingham, Coventry, Hereford and Worcester
Salary: £26,000 - £38,400 depending on experience
Car driver: Yes (essential)