Braxfield have been appointed by a housing provider in London that are looking for an inspirational leader to join them on a permanent contract as a Head of Sustainability and Strategic Asset Management.
The successful candidate will provide effective strategic direction to the housing provider in relation to development of a decarbonisation strategy and Asset Management strategy.
You will be responsible for managing assets data, monitoring, updating systems and reporting on the performance of the stock. Providing statistical information, reports and analysis to the Director and Board members on the performance of their assets, including N sustainability PV, ROI, social, environmental, operational, and financial trends.
Working with the Director of Technical Services to design and develop a decarbonisation strategy that ensures the housing provider will meet the government target to achieve an EPC C rating for all its homes by 2030.
You will be responsible for preparing an annual investment programme of work for budget approval along with annual reactive, cyclical maintenance budgets for agreement with the Director. Additionally establishing effective reporting systems, which management and others can use to realign the future investment programme to maximise financial benefits through buying consortiums and supply chain arrangements.
As a Head of Sustainability, you will lead on maintaining an up to date stock condition survey database ensuring surveys meet all quality and progress targets. You will manage the rolling stock condition surveys so that all future stock arising from development is captured within the database and therefore the overall asset management strategy.
To be considered for the position of Head of Sustainability & Asset Management you must have the following:
- Excellent understanding of asset management planning and whole life cycle costing.
- Knowledge of the operating environment and delivering result to achieve business objectives and strategic goals.
- Excellent understanding of Asset Management and evaluation of stock based on NPV and ROI.
- Knowledge of current Housing Sector and relevant legislation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicates in an open and transparent way regularly sharing information with staff and others.
- External Organisations relevant to the role such as Government agencies and Local Authorities.
Job title: Head of Sustainability & Asset Management
Salary: £73,500 - £75,000