Braxfield Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency working within the social housing sector. We have been appointed by a housing provider based in London who are looking to recruit an experienced Fire Safety Surveyor based in Kent.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the fire risk assessment works, carrying out fire door inspection surveys for both flat entrances and communal fire resisting doors with the verification of the type of existing installed domestic fire detection system within properties visited during fire door surveys.
You will also be responsible for undertaking survey inspections to establish the adequacy of fire stopping and compartmentalisation (including roof spaces).
Other duties as a Fire Safety Surveyor will include:
- Ensuring that all designated fire risk assessment works are actioned and correctly undertaken within the prescribed timescales.
- Ensuring all properties are maintained to the highest possible standards and that all statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
- Undertaking the management of designated fire risk assessment tasks on Riskhub taking prompt action to ensure that all tasks are completed within the prescribed timescales and report regularly to the Head of Property Services on progress.
- Liaising with the Fire Authorities and ensuring Notice of Deficiencies passive actions are completed within set time scales.
- Analysing and assessing building defects, providing remedial proposals and preparing specifications for remedial repairs, ensuring that specifications are up to date and meet current legislative standards.
- Ensuring work is carried out within the budgets and value for money is achieved, by monitoring and reporting on performance.
- Providing advice to other staff, both technical and non-technical, on construction and building related matters.
- Monitoring the performance of contractors and consultants and provide reports to the Fire Safety Contract Manager.
- Carrying out post inspection/quality control checks on works and pursue any necessary redress to achieve satisfactory completion.
- Managing complaints through the complaints process, receiving, taking ownership and providing written responses as required.
- And much more!
To be considered for the position of Fire Safety Surveyor you must have the following:
- Experience of working within the social housing sector with a working knowledge of The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, has a good competent background with the ability to determine compliance in passive fire protection.
- Hold relevant qualifications and preferably members of recognised organisations such as the IFE Institute of Fire Engineers, ASPF Association of Specialist Fire Protection.
- Certified members of Fire Door Inspection Scheme (FDIS) (preferred).
- Demonstrable experience as a fire/building surveyor in a maintenance environment carrying out pre and post inspections, Fire Qualification NEBOSH fire or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order 2005.
- A competent knowledge of relevant and current, codes of practice, building regulations, health and safety legislation, standards and materials.
- An in depth knowledge of construction and design and fire/construction related defects and how to avoid them.
- Membership of RICS, CIOB, IFE or similar professional organisation is desirable but not essential
- All offers will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
Job title: Fire Safety Surveyor
Location: Kent (must have full UK licence and access to vehicle as travel between sites is required).
Contract: 3 months +
Pay rate: £24 - £27 p/h
If this sounds like something you may be interested in and for more info, please submit a copy of your updated CV and one of our consultants will be in touch.
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert.