An exciting new opportunity for an experience Fire Projects Manager based in London. This is a permanent role paying £48,000 - £52,000. Hours are Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm and benefits include 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, competitive pension scheme and training and career progression opportunities.
The successful candidate will drive and manage all fire alarm project works from design stage through to commissioning and handover to clients.
You will consult with clients to advise and create specifications and design proposals, design fire alarm systems to BS5839 and BAFE standards and provide technical guidance to company employees as regards correct standards and procedures to assure fire compliance is met.
Other duties will also include producing estimates and quotation of project works, overseeing fire alarm maintenance and servicing works, ordering/purchasing materials and managing project works and post inspecting works once complete.
What you’ll need
- You will be a driven individual with a broad knowledge of fire alarm systems and a general knowledge of using equipment from main open protocol manufacturers.
- Strong client relationship and communications skills are a must as well as the ability to work independently and under pressure when required.
- Good organisational and prioritising skills is also required as well as a problem-solving mind-set.
- Experience as a Fire Alarms Engineer/Consultant with a broad knowledge of fire alarm systems required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the industry is required ranging from installation work to fire alarm commissioning.
- Experience managing operatives is desirable but not essential, however strong people skills is a must.
- Valid UK driving licence.
Job title: Fire Project Manager
Salary: £48,000 - £52,000