An exciting new opportunity for an experienced Fire Alarm Engineer based in London. We are recruiting to x2 permanent posts paying £38,000 - £42,000 per annum. Hours are Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm and benefits include company van/vehicle allowance with a fuel card, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, competitive pension scheme, opportunities to work overtime and much more!
They are a successful and well-established London based building services company with a rapidly growing portfolio of clients and contracts specialising in Fire Safety in the commercial and social housing sector.
The Fire Safety Division is currently looking for an experienced Fire Alarm Engineer to join the expanding Fire Alarms Department on a permanent basis.
They carry out design, installation, servicing and maintenance of fire systems across the London area.
The successful candidate will be working with the fire teams and assisting with installation projects ensuring a high standard and in compliance to British Standards.
You will be responsible for servicing, repair and maintenance of fire alarm equipment including emergency lighting across contracts including communal social housing and commercial or public sector properties/buildings.
Other duties will include identifying potential remedial works during PPM/reactive visits and supplying accurate scopes of work to enable quote generation, maintaining good relationships with customers, identifying technical issues with the systems being worked on and carrying out corrective actions.
Ability to work as a team with colleagues is essential and continuous excellent customer service is essential.
What you’ll need
- A full valid UK Driving Licence.
- FIA Certificates or any other relevant fire alarms qualifications (FIA/NSI/LPCB/C&G).
- Working knowledge of BS 5839-1 2017 (required) and BS 5839-6 2019 (desirable).
- Knowledge of the principles of BAFE SP203/BS5839.
- Electrical experience – ideally have an electrician trade background or proof of good electrical awareness.
- Previous experience in installing, maintaining and servicing of fire alarm systems.
- Wide knowledge on manufacturers: Morley, Kentec, Advanced, Notifier & Ziton.
- Experience completing certification.
- FIA Certificates or any other relevant fire alarms qualifications (FIA/NSI/LPCB/C&G)