Braxfield Recruitment are a leading recruitment agency working within the social housing sector. We have been appointed by a housing provider based in Luton who are looking to recruit an experienced Estate Maintenance Officer on an interim contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting health & safety inspection on the estates, carrying out minor repairs and maximising site occupancy by ensuring the void repairs/maintenance schedule is completed within target including any fixtures and fittings associated work.
Other duties as an Estates Maintenance Officer will include:
- Providing high quality painting and decorating service including preparation of surfaces, filling cracks/holes, efficient use of materials, matching paint shades with existing and maintaining safe areas of work including signage.
- Ensuring all windows, doors, kitchen units and furniture are in working order by repairing, replacing or easing and adjusting.
- Maintaining a central register of onsite assets including tables, chairs, washing machines/dryers, lamps, fridges/freezers, beds, mattresses, fans, tools and materials.
- Ensuring all common parts are clear of potential hazards including those attributable to seasonal changes including external footpaths
- Ensuring air-bricks, gullies and low level guttering are kept clear from blockages.
- Ensuring communal areas clear of any obstructions particularly fire evacuation routes and exits.
- Responding to emergencies in and out of hours including making safe glazing, leaks, lighting and tripping/slipping hazards.
- Maintaining onsite facilities by repairing/replacing washers, taps, tiles, ball valves, WC seats, fuses, light bulbs, handles, locks and sealing around baths/sinks/showers.
To be considered for the position of Estates Maintenance Officer you must have the following:
- Knowledge of fire, health and safety regulations in a residential setting.
- Knowledge of basic carpentry, plumbing, tiling and electrical industry standards.
- Knowledge of the ANUK framework for landlords managing accommodation.
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Building Maintenance Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment Operations (Construction).
- Knowledge of IT systems used such as HOTEC, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Orchard, etc.
Job title: Estates Maintenance Officer
Contract: 3 months +
Pay rate: £13 - £15 p/h
Hours: Mon – Fri (8.30am – 4.30pm)
If this sounds like something you would be interested in and you meet the requirements above, please submit a copy of your updated CV and one of our consultants will be in touch.