Braxfield Recruitment are a leading recruitment agency working within the social housing sector. We have been appointed by a housing provider based in West London who are looking to recruit an experienced Disrepair Surveyor on a permanent contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the project management and dealing/resolving all disrepair claims and casework, litigation claims, liaising with legal, claimants and contractors to resolve cases. Providing advice to managers and staff within responsive repairs on disrepair protocol.
Other duties as a Disrepair Surveyor will include:
- Ensuring that the housing provider is compliant with the Human Habitation Act 2018 and keeps abreast with any changes of legislation to ensure compliance.
- Continuously improving the delivery and quality of repair work related to resolving disrepair cases and ensuring that there are ‘lessons learnt’ to prevent future disrepair cases and escalation resulting in additional costs, court cases and compensation.
- Investigating any structural problems escalated from the repairs technical or operations teams, arranging any structural testing and other specialist tests, making structures safe and compiling reports to send to management recommending costs with works estimates or property disposals.
- Arranging any remedial works or safety works.
- Carrying out all surveys that are required to properties that are under Right to Buy applications to ensure that only works for which the housing provider has a landlord repairing responsibility are carried out before sale completes and for dealing with any queries from purchasers, surveyors and valuers.
- Providing a seamless and integrated “One Team” approach jointly with the service provider and to resolve any complex repair issues.
- And much more!
To be considered for the position of Disrepair Surveyor you must have the following:
- A degree in building surveying and/or the equivalent experience in delivering the disrepair service.
- At least 2/3 years management experience.
- Extensive experience in building surveying and/or repairs operational delivery or supervising contracts or disrepair case management.
- Extensive experience of housing responsive repairs.
Job title: Disrepair Surveyor
Salary: £41,000 - £44,000 per annum
If this sounds like something you may be interested in and for more information, please submit a copy of your up to date CV and one of our consultants will be in touch.