Community Safety Officer
We are working with a leading London based Housing Association, they currently have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join them as a Community Safety Officer in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering an effective Anti-Social Behaviour and Safeguarding service across neighbourhoods in East London.
Contract: 18 month Fixed Term Contract
Location: Covering neighbourhoods in East London
Hours: Hybrid role, 2 or 3 days at the office or out in the community, the rest working from home.
Other Duties as the Community Safety Officer will include:
• Ensuring all ASB reports are case reviewed regularly and regular contact with a complainant is maintained so a victim centred approach is taken and the complainant is regularly consulted with and updated regarding the progress of their case.
• Maintaining a database of incidents and action plans, managing a caseload accordingly that will meet corporate KPIs.
• Instigating formal measures to resolve investigations, attending and presenting cases at court as necessary, facilitating witnesses and risk assessing all parties.
• Ensuring effective partnership relationships with key partners in the community such as the police, local authorities and voluntary agencies.
• Attending partnership meetings with Local Authorities and other external agencies as required
• Facilitating and attending multi-agency case conferences and problem-solving groups, coordinating action plans and reviews.
To be considered for the position of Community Safety Officer you will need:
• Have evidence of preparing court documents such as injunctions and possession applications
• Have an excellent knowledge of community safety legislation in particular the ASB Crime and Policing Act 2014 and the Care Act 2014.
• Proven recent experience of successfully dealing with an ASB, Safeguarding and Domestic Abuse caseload
• Experience of working with the public in a front-line role such as site visits with police and conducting home visits.
• Excellent written communication skills for effective correspondence, written statements, report writing and statistical work
• Excellent verbal communication skills including assertiveness, listening, negotiating and influencing skills
In return our client is offering a generous salary and excellent benefit package.
If you think you could be the right person for the job or for more information, please submit your up to date CV and one of our consultants will be in touch.