Our client, a Social Housing provider, are looking for an exceptional Building Surveyor to manage planned maintenance and complex repairs for the organisation.
The role will involve pre/post-inspection and writing reports for planned maintenance works and complex repairs, void works and cyclical repairs. The building surveyor will need to consult and engage with customers, leaseholders and with internal and external stakeholders. They will ensure the highest customer standards of delivery, minimal defects, and a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved. Effectively managing the performance and on-site progress of contractors ensuring that works are delivered on time, within budget and to quality standards achieving value for money in line with all relevant statutory regulations and compliance.
What you will need
- Knowledge of the Social Housing Sector and awareness of its regulations
- A demonstrable knowledge of building construction, building standards, planning regulations, regulatory standards, health & safety and other legislation relevant property repairs.
- Experience of contractor management in a planned and complex repairs context and the ability to flag adverse spend and mitigate risks of overspends.
- Knowledge of effective professional surveying service for major repairs, voids and elemental replacements to high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written with colleagues, residents, service providers, contractors, consultants and other stakeholders.
- Effective liaison skills with staff, residents, service providers, contractors and consultants.
- Management of small projects and an understanding of CDMC.
If this sounds of interest and you have the relevant experience as a Resident Liaison Officer or similar then please apply to the position and we will be in touch to discuss it further (We regret that due to the volume of applications we are not able to respond to applicants who do not evidence the experience and qualifications required).