Braxfield have an exciting new opportunity for a Building Safety Team Leader based in Northwest London. This is a permanent role paying £47,486 per annum where you will be part of an amazing team of fire professionals all working together to improve resident safety. Benefits include 27 days annual leave plus an extra day for every year of service, ability to buy or sell up to five days annual leave per year, enrolment into a pension scheme with a minimum 4% contribution rate, flexible and agile working, health & wellbeing benefits, Perkbox and more.
The successful candidate will lead a small team of Building Safety Officers to ensure the organisation fulfills its obligation to be compliant with the Fire Safety Order and Building Safety Bill 2020 and help them gain compliance with the individual Building Safety Cases. In addition and more comprehensively:
- Support with the management and development of processes relating to Landlords Statutory Compliance areas including Fire Risk Assessments, Fire Safety within the properties, Building Safety legislation and future requirements of the Fire and Building Safety Acts, ensuring all statutory obligations are met.
- Ensure that landlord obligations set out in FRRO 2005, advise on any changes in industry regulations or standards and maintain compliance on behalf of the organisation. Ensure compliance with Fire Safety Act 2021 and Building Safety Act 2022.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the HSE, London Fire Brigade, other relevant Fire and Rescue Services and Local Authority Services.
- Manage an inspection regime to ensure the communal areas of all high-rise buildings are visited frequently, risks are identified and recorded by the team during the visit and these risks are then mitigated for. This includes the development of a system and reports that demonstrate the performance on this stock on a consistent basis.
- Support with the development of a scheme-based compliance reporting approach for all high-rise buildings so that we can evidence safety and compliance consistently for this stock; ensure this system is effectively managed once developed.
- Oversee and management of an inspection programme for communal and flat entrance doors, maintain this inspection regime to ensure legislative requirements are met.
- Oversee and manage a programme to ensure secure information boxes (premises information boxes) and the information held within, are managed, updated, and audited in accordance to the NFCC Code of Practice for the Provision of Premises Information Boxes in Residential Buildings
- Support with the delivery of building safety cases for high rise buildings and maintain these safety cases in accordance with requirements.
- Collate and maintain information on vulnerable resident living in high rise buildings and ensure this information is available to the fire service in the event of an emergency.
- Ensure the housing provider meets its new obligations in relation to servicing and maintaining fire safety equipment and communal passenger lifts within high rise blocks.
- Support the development of a resident engagement strategy to meet new requirements and ensure that Building Safety Officers are a visible and accessible service for residents, feedback and concerns are recorded and service improvement measures undertaken.
- Support with the performance management of contractors and consultants undertaking fire and building safety functions and works.
- Manage processes and systems to ensure the allocation of FRA action; lead team to supporting with completion of these actions and manage reporting of compliance to senior management.
If this sounds of interest and you have the relevant experience and qualifications in building / fire safety then please apply to the position and we will be in touch to discuss it further (We regret that due to the volume of applications we are not able to respond to applicants who do not evidence the experience and qualifications required).