Experienced Building Safety Surveyor required to cover a patch of properties in North London.
This is a long term interim role paying £400 per day Umbrella. The role is based from home with occasional travel to the office, working Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm.
The successful candidate will provide technical assurance regarding the delivery of the housing providers statutory audit programme, as a result of the fire risk assessments and asbestos re-inspection programme.
You will assist the Building Safety Programme manager, in quantifying and qualifying the scope and nature of actions arising from the statutory inspection programme and making recommendations for action.
Other duties as a Building Safety Surveyor will include:
- Completing quality assurance audits to validate the quality of works undertaken by the housing providers term contracts and supply chain.
- Providing technical advice and quality assurance across, refurbishment projects, major voids, new building and regeneration schemes, during the construction phase, inspecting and auditing construction work to ensure, works are completed in line with the councils technical, quality and statutory requirements.
- Liaising with the Compliance management team to ensure landlord compliance is proactively monitored and resident complaints are proactively addressed.
- Provide technical building safety advise to the housing providers appointed consultants/ internal teams as required to support the development of technical designs/ specifications.
- Assisting in the development and production of resident rescue/evacuation plans.
- Undertake a 6 monthly T1 FRA across all HRRBs/ Specialised housing blocks to monitor risk/ confirm actions taken.
To be considered for the position of Building Safety Surveyor you must have the following:
- A Level 3 fire safety management qualification (i.e Nebosh Fire risk management certificate or higher). Those working towards a relevant qualification, who hold a degree in building surveying, will be considered.
- Knowledge of the requirements of forthcoming Building Safety Regulations and the Fire Safety Bill.
Knowledge of the requirements of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations
- Experience of undertaking FRAs on residential buildings.
- Technical membership (or higher) of the Institute of Fire engineers; RICS; CIOB; IOSH; ICWCI
Job title: Building Safety Surveyor
Rate: £400 per day Umbrella
Contract: On going