An exciting new opportunity for a Building Safety Officer based in Northwest London. This is a 12 month FTC paying £37,305 per annum. Benefits include 27 days annual leave – plus an extra day for every year of service, ability to buy or sell up to five days annual leave per year, enrolment into a pension scheme with a minimum 4% contribution rate, flexible and agile working, health & wellbeing benefits, Perkbox and season ticket loans.
The successful candidate will assist with managing and ensuring the organisation fulfils its obligation to be compliant with the Regulatory Reform (fire Safety) Order 2005, Fire Safety Order Bill 2020, Building Safety Bill 2020, and any future relevant legislation.
You will ensure that buildings and the organisation are compliant with the individual Building Safety Cases and other relevant legislation.
Duties will include undertaking fire and building safety related compliance inspections and testing of equipment across the portfolio, reviewing FRA actions to validate the accuracy of the recommendations, assist with contract management of contractors undertaking works to implement FRA recommendations, e.g., pre and post inspections of works, updating Fire Safety database accordingly and undertaking tests on fire safety equipment in accordance to British standards to ensure the organisation fulfils its obligations.
What you’ll need
- Knowledge of Legislation and Regulations relating to building safety and services.
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical systems, equipment and compliance.
- Knowledge of Buildings and their internal and external components.
- Knowledge of H&S legislation and statutory requirements.
- Service improvement planning and problem-solving skills.
- Negotiating and influencing Skills with the ability to deal with stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to produce reports, analyse data and present findings.
- Strong communication, negotiating and influencing skills.