An exciting opportunity for a Planned Works Surveyor in the South West of England. Working from home you will cover the M5 corridor from Gloucester down to north Devon and manage Fire Eradication Works, Fire Alarms and also Warden Call Systems.
The team you will join consists of a Team Leader and 3 Surveyors who are predominately field based and deliver planned replacement works to around 17000 properties across the area.
The local office for team meetings is in Long Ashton Bristol.
Reporting to the Asset Maintenance Team Leader, you will work collaboratively with contractors and colleagues to ensure the delivery of high-quality repairs and maintenance service, ensuring properties are well maintained and contributing to the delivery of the Asset Management Operating Plan objectives.
The post holder will provide advice and assistance to customers to help them maintain their homes and be responsible for managing large planned works projects (effectively the role of Contract Administrator), monitoring budgets and the supervision of work in progress as well as ensuring compliance with relevant safety and building legislation. The key to success is ensuring excellent customer service is provided whilst achieving great value for money.
What we are looking for
- Excellent level of knowledge of building construction, standards, and legislation and an ability to diagnose and specify remedies to building defects.
- Excellent contract management and budget management skills
- Ability and presence to be proactive and work on own initiative, with limited supervision, and be able to manage contractors delivering building works at project level including H&S and all aspects within CDM requirements, quality, value and progress with excellent organisational skills.
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, housing and property management systems.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise a heavy workload, whilst working on a mobile basis, and keeping excellent records.
- Enthusiasm for identifying and embracing new ways of working and good practice.
- Due to the nature of the work a full drivers license and use of your OWN CAR is essential
What is on offer?
Our client offers an excellent benefits package that helps make them a great place to work. Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive Salary of £35,075 rising to £36,921 after 12 months service.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays for a great work/life balance.
- On-going support and training to achieve your targets and really get to know the business.
- Amazing opportunities to develop your career internally and support from managers to do so.
- Access to Simply Health Scheme – claim back every day medical expenses.
- Competitive Pension Scheme.
- Access to Employee assistance programme.
- Access to Benefits Portal offering everyday Lifestyle Benefits.
- Professional qualification support & financial support for professional subscriptions.
- Thank you awards - by nomination.
- Aspire programme - £100 allowance per employee each financial year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Training & E-learning courses.
If you have the experience required and this role sounds of interest to you then please upload your CV to apply and one of our consultants will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail.