Braxfield Recruitment are a leading recruitment agency working within the social housing sector. We have been appointed by a housing provider based East London who are looking to recruit an experienced Area Repairs Manager on a permanent contract.
The property services team manages the repairs and maintenance service to over 22,000 properties across London, the South East and Home Counties. This covers repairs, servicing, voids and planned maintenance work to customers’ homes via the inhouse team and a variety of contractors and service providers. This includes repairs to general needs, leasehold, market rent and our specialist Care and Support schemes. Work also includes statutory and regulatory compliance checks.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of professional trade and surveying staff with the support of sub contactors in delivering a repairs and maintenance service in one of our 4 regions. This will include managing and improving performance using technology and innovation in an environment. Working with different departments within the company and external suppliers as required.
Other duties as an Area Repairs Manager will include:
- Leading the team by example through forward thinking planning, organisation, motivation and where necessary directing to achieve the corporate aims.
- Effectively managing risk by keeping people and properties safe and improving customer satisfaction with our repairs service whilst keeping within budget
- Experience in managing complex building and diagnosing complex repairs, demonstrating an exemplary standard of customer focus and getting it “Right First Time”.
- Taking ownership and seeing projects, issues, complaints through to completion and identifying and putting in place service improvements where necessary.
- Ensuring that the customer experience is positive, if not then striving to put things right with the customer at the centre of your resolutions.
- Managing data and ensuring data accuracy in your business streams.
- Working in a challenging repairs context, you will need to build, lead and motivate your team to deliver the required outcomes while retaining overall responsibility for your service area.
- Maintaining all health and safety aspects, documentation, complaints, legal disrepair, Environmental Health notices and ensure jobs are recorded and post-inspected accurately, as well as introducing a vast range of quality and budget control measures within your region.
To be considered for the position of Area Repairs Manager you must have the following:
- Building/Surveying related degree or equivalent trade qualification/ experience.
- Experience of managing and motivating a team.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Excellent planning, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of working in a Health and Safety focused environment (IOSH /NEBOSH/SMSTS highly desirable).
- Budget preparation and management experience.
- Contract management experience.
Job title: Area Repairs Manager
Location: East London
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 with access to a branded company van or essential car users allowance up to 5000 miles.
- 28 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- Free DBS check
- Eye care vouchers
- Childcare Vouchers
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £300
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Season Ticket Loan
- Study Leave
- Career Break after 3 years’ service
- Medicash Scheme